COLUMBUS – Ohio House Speaker Bob Cupp (R-Lima) yesterday announced that State Representative Jean Schmidt (R-Loveland) has been appointed to the Correctional Institution Inspection Committee (CIIC) for the 134th General Assembly.
- The CIIC does the following:
- Inspects each state correctional institution
- Evaluates and assists in the development of programs to improve conditions and operations in correctional institutions
- Reports on inspection findings, and any programs proposed or developed to improve conditions or operations in correctional institutions
- Evaluates and report on the grievance procedure at each correctional institution.
“I want to make sure that we are managing these facilities properly and keeping our communities safe with an efficient prison system,” Schmidt said. “I appreciate Speaker Cupp appointing me to this committee and I look forward to serving.”
In addition to the CIIC, Schmidt also serves as a member on the following committees:
- Criminal Justice
- Families, Aging and Human Services
- Finance Subcommittee on Agriculture, Development and Natural Resources