COLUMBUS—State Representative Haraz N. Ghanbari (R-Perrysburg) today announced that the new budget plan from the Ohio House greatly benefits Northwest Ohio. Additional funding for Northwest Ohio education, workforce improvements, and economic development directly impacts communities and institutions within Wood County.
“I am thrilled that we were able to provide a tax cut for the middle and lower class while also being able to invest millions of new state dollars into the economy of Northwest Ohio,” said Ghanbari. “This budget plan is committed to revitalizing our communities, enhancing opportunities for our students, and making sure our people have all the resources they need to get a great paying job.”
- For those earning between $22,500 and $88,800, their state income tax rate will be cut 6.6 percent.
- Provides $5 million in each of the next two years to be distributed to community colleges, state community colleges, technical colleges and Ohio Technical Centers for non-credit job-related workforce training programs.
- $125,000 to Bowling Green State University to assist with economic development, administration, and health services.
- $20,000,000 to Ohio Maritime Assistance in order to promote new growth and industry in the Lake Erie Watershed region.
- This fall, all incoming freshmen at four-year public universities in Ohio will have their tuition and general fees frozen – guaranteed – so what they pay for their first year will be the same for their fourth year.
The two-year state budget passed the Ohio House today with 85 affirmative votes and 9 negative votes.