State Rep. Tim Ginter (R-Salem) is encouraging those throughout the 5th Ohio House District to submit their nominations for the 2022 Ohio Teacher of the Year. The program recognizes exceptional teachers for their work both inside and outside the classroom while also providing opportunities for professional growth.
“Columbiana County is home to some of the best teachers we have in the state,” said Ginter. “These nominations are an honorable designation on their efforts and I encourage people throughout our school districts to support them with their submissions.”
Before submitting the nomination, the following information will need to be collected:
- Teacher nominee name, email, grade level
- Building principal name and email
- School building name and phone number where the teacher nominee is assigned
- District superintendent name
- School district mailing address
- Ohio county where the school district is located
- State Board of Education District Number
- Your contact information
- A 300 word maximum nomination narrative describing why this teacher is being nominated. This will be shared with the nominee.
To be nominated, the nominee must hold a professional Ohio educator license, work full-time with a minimum of five years of teaching experience in a state-approved public school, community school or career center. Additionally, they must work directly with students at least 50 percent of the time as the teacher of record, have no previous Ohio Teacher of the Year recognition, and plan to continue in active teaching status.
Self-nominations are not accepted, however, anyone else can nominate a teacher or teachers including school administrators, colleagues, community members, parents or students.
The deadline for nominations is April 9, 2021 and they can be submitted at https://teachingleadinglearning.wufoo.com/forms/2022-ohio-teacher-of-the-year-nomination-form/.