DRUG ABUSE/MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
Miami County Recovery Council list of services and resources: - http://www.mcrcinc.org/uploads/1/4/9/1/14911028/2018_3-county_guide.pdf
- Phone Number: 937-573-3500
- Project DAWN distributes naloxone and trains participants on what to do in the case of an overdose
SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
- National Hotline: 1-800-662-HELP (4357)
- This is a national hotline for any individuals or families facing substance abuse or mental health struggles. They will provide resources and refer the caller to local organizations.
Tri-County Board of Recovery and Mental Health Services
- Address: 1100 Wayne Street Suite 4000, Troy, OH 45373
- Phone Number: (937) 335-7727
- This organization provides a host of services focused on mental health and addiction recovery, ranging from medical treatments and medication to education and counseling.
- Address: 633 N. Wayne St. Piqua, OH 45356
- Phone Number: 937.615.012
SUICIDE PREVENTION RESOURCES
Ohio Suicide Prevention Foundation Miami County Hotline
- Phone Number: 800-351-7347
- This statewide organization approaches suicide as a preventable public health issue and provides services and trainings to combat suicide
UVMC Outpatient Behavioral Health Center
- Phone Number: (937) 440-7626
- Medical and therapeutic mental health treatment appointments
CHILD CARE RESOURCES
Miami County Department of Job and Family Services Child Care Program
- Address: 2040 N County Road 25A, Troy, Ohio 45373
- Phone Number: 937-440-3471
- Citizens can apply online for financial aid in paying for child care if they demonstrate need.
Miami County Children’s Services
- Address: 510 W. Water St., Suite 210, Troy, OH 45373
- Phone Number: (937)335-4103
- This government agency provides child care support and oversees the foster care system in the county.
Miami County YMCA Child Care
- Address: 223 W. High St., Piqua, Ohio, United States, 45356
- Phone Number: 937-778-5241
- The YMCA provides child care/day care to kids from 6 weeks- 12 years of age, including Toddler Care, Little School, Infant Care and Pre-School Child Care.
SENIOR CARE RESOURCES
- Address: 105 S. Wilkinson St. Dayton, Ohio 45402
- Phone Number: (937) 228-3663
- This organization provides food to anyone over the age of 60. Homebound residents can be delivered Meals on Wheels and others can come to congregate sites including Lincoln Square, Troy Senior Center, Laura’s Country Diner and Premier Senior Housing.
Adult Protective Services (DJFS)
- Phone Number: 937-440-3471
- Statewide Reporting Hotline: 855-644-6277
- This division of the Department of Job and Family Services fields, investigates and evaluates reports of abuse, neglect.
Miami County CAC
- List: https://miamicac.org/new/food-pantry-resources/
DDN/ Miami County Public Health
- List: https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/need-food-assistance-miami-county-public-health-releases-list-food-pantries/74CmIXuUkqzsIdFB2wSRKO/
Covington Church of the Brethren
- Address: 101 N. Wall Street, Box 206 Covington, OH 45318
- Phone Number: (937) 473-2415
- The church houses the Covington Outreach Association, which provides emergency financial assistance to needy families in Covington.
Greene Street United Methodist Church
- Address: 415 W Greene St, Piqua, OH 45356
- Phone Number: (937) 773-5313
- This church provides a food pantry each Monday and Wednesday to anyone in need, no questions asked.